Everyone from celebrities to the soccer mom next door needs to let loose now and then. When planning your next birthday party, or one for a friend, consider making it a theme party. Don’t let kids have all the fun, adult parties can also incorporate themes in decorations, menu, favors, and more.
To get started planning a trendy adult party, take a look at some trendy party ideas.
- Serve some grown-up drinks, and not just the standard beer and wine. Create a signature cocktail, hire a bartender, or serve up unforgettable mocktails.
- Give guests a memorable parting gift. Traditional party favors are expected at kid parties and weddings. Make the memories of your party last forever with a creative gift to guests.
- Break out your most festive lighting to take any standard space up a notch.
- Pre-plan the playlist to start with more mellow music as guests arrive and more upbeat jams later on.
- Opt for non traditional desserts like a donut cake or homemade s’more bar.
- Put together a DIY photo booth with props.
- Create a hashtag for the party so guests can share photos afterward.
Whenever planning a party, try to keep the guest of honor in mind. If she lives for all things pink, incorporate that into the theme. If he doesn’t drink alcohol, create a fun beverage menu that includes drinks like flavored milks, mocktails, and exotic creations.
Making up your own, unique party theme specific to the birthday boy or girl will certainly give guests an experience they’ll never forget. But, if you’re not the creative type these theme ideas always make a good time:
- Throwback – everything from decades to memorable high school experiences are fair game
- Wacky holidays – Every day of the year now has some kind of ‘holiday,’ like Pi Day, attached to it. Look for ones around the party date to use as inspiration.
- Gambling – From casinos to carnivals, everyone loves playing games.
- Color scheme – Choose a favorite color like white or gold and make the whole party, even guests, match.
- Multicultural – Holidays like Mardi Gras and Cinco de Mayo make great themes for parties any time of the year.
Party planning is all about creating a fun atmosphere that speaks to the personality of the guest of honor. Everything from the smallest detail, such as tablecloths, to the biggest decorative impacts, like guest attire, should work together to give off the overall feeling of a theme.