Nature surrounds us and is the inspiration behind nearly everything we see. It’s no wonder the beauty of the natural world is embraced and showcased in most design plans. From home to events, choosing a natural color scheme can feel classic or modern. The versatility of nature makes it the ideal inspiration for all things decorative.
Whether you are most fond of land, air, or sea there are an overwhelming number of inspiration options in every natural setting. When choosing a natural color scheme for your next event or home decor, there are few simple steps that can help narrow down the selection.
- Choose a local that matches your intended mood. Get inspired by the calming sound of waves in your sitting room or the vibrance of a tropical rainforest for your next party. The right inspiration can enhance the mood in any space.
- Narrow your focus. Decide if you will base the colors off of one aspect of your chosen locale or the entire place. For example, if your inspiration comes from a wild field you might include greens for the grass, blues for the sky, and a few pops of colors from the wild flowers. If you narrow this focus to just the wildflowers you might omit the blue and include a wider variety of colors.
- Pick your favorite color first. Starting with one must-have color can help you focus in on only hues that compliment that color.
- Don’t be afraid to mix textures. Nature is vast and complex, your design should reflect this in a more focused way.
- Look at your entire color scheme together before making any major moves or purchases. Sometimes what works in nature or in your mind might not look so great on a smaller scale.
While there are many inspirational locations around the world, a few natural locations that stand out include:
- Underwater habitats
No matter your reason for creating the natural color palette, you are only limited by your own imagination. There are thousands of shades of every color imaginable. The trick to making selection of paint or table linens easy is to find a focus and let nature guide you.